Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Gardener's Journal

I have just finished my first block for A Gardner's Journal and I think it has turned out great!  I am having so much fun with this quilt that right now my others have been pushed to the side.  Oh well will get back to them eventually.  Here is a picture of my first block and my inner and outer border fabrics:



I love doing the stitching as it is so relaxing and great for sitting outside and just stitching away by the pool.  I have met lots of friends already on this journey and each day new blocks seem to magically appear.


Here is a picture of a quilt I just recently finished.  It is called Darjeeling and is made with Antique Serenity fabrics.  Isn't it beautiful?  I quilted it myself and I love the way it has turned out.  I took a class at my local quilt shop with one of my most favourite teachers, Irene:


















Chow for now and back to my stitcheries!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your Gardener's block is darling, and the fabrics you've chosen are beautiful.
    Your quilt you just finished is gorgeous! I LOVE half square triangles and the center blocks are amazing. Nice use of value in this quilt, the fabrics worked very well together and I can't believe you quilted it yourself! It's just stunning.
    :applauds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful.so is your garden blog.
    thanks for the comment you left on my work.
    To answer your question, we have been in Africa for 51/2 years , (Tims work) and we are now going back home to the England, to our permanent address, we move every 4 years or so to differents countries in the world,the company provides us with housing in this places.
    It is always a little sad and stressful.
    having said i would'nt change our way of living been and Expat is quite nice lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Pink. I love the colurs in your 1st Block. Great effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love the combination of stitching and piecing and patchwork - it's my favourite combination maybe that's way all of my boms have that combination...I'm thinking of add wool but not too sure yet :)
    Thanks for sending me to your blog I'll add you to my list!
    Valerie
    http://www.PastimesOnline.ca/Vals-Quilting/

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, you're blogging about as much as i do, NEVER. time for a new post my friend!

    ReplyDelete